Some stuff I did when I was bored.
I acquired the URLs for each of abc.com.au’s online streams and noted them down into a PLS file. I picked the AAC format of these streams for obvious reasons. I used foosion’s PLS writer, to just write out the stream entries to a PLS file for easy redist.
Thought it might be useful, or not.
One of the things I wanted for a while is a small libretro core loader, so I can debug cores, since my personal goal this year is to be productive again somewhat in emulation, since I admit I did enjoy that. Over the course of two weeks I have started to work on it again, since its based on some old emulator code I was working on. Eventually I got the loader to the stage until it manages to properly boot something:
The loader is written in MSVC2017 and is intended for Windows 8 and up. It uses a OpenGL 3.3 forward compatible core context (yet to be tested) as well as a generic OpenGL 2.0 context with extension usage. I worked on it this week however to the point I got something salvagable:
Needs work on audio, mainly with dynamic rate control and working on buffer underruns.
There is a couple of things needed to be added yet before it is remotely usable:
- Core variables/configuration
- Input with proper rebindable keys.
- Dynamic audio rate control
- Savestates/save files
- Proper OpenGL core support
User desirable features like pixel shaders, rewind and video recording will not be supported. Any public versions, if at all, will have DRM on them.
So far the work is almost complete:
Did what I mainly wanted to. Wanted to rewrite access so that its easily keybindable and has easy access. The remaining issue is due to a audio buffer issue with librubberband and how samples vary depend on the pitch ratio. At the moment the code is quite brittle and won’t work for anything above 48khz. Which is a problem considering FB2K’s userbase (I only had sub 48k samples at the time of development and testing). So need to spend the next few days rewriting things to be more robust for the pitch/tempo DSPs.
http://mudlord.info/trashheap/cemu_patcher.exe (for those that don’t want to download the above package and just wanna use the uncracked 1.7.3d build running around on 4chan.org). Nukes settings.bin though since some values are in it that are needed for the crack to work.
Use the included files. Should be obvious what executable is used to run the cracked version.
Backup settings.bin if you want to mess with the uncracked version in x64dbg. I included the x64dbg patch database if you want to mess with the uncracked version some more, to find a more efficient way to patch, etc.
- Just does the bare minimum to crack it. Did this purely to have something out as thoroughly reversing and keygenning the target would take significantly more time than just plain stupid shooting holes in the DRM.
- Forces HWIDs and timestamps calculated in Cemu.exe to match the ones in settings.bin, so you need that file.
- The 64bit fingerprint was done by plain serial fishing, anyone who wants to know how that works can just read the many documents on reading values and things in a debugger.
- You also need the serial.bin included to pass the serial.bin checks. Didn’t patch the serial.bin check out.
Did more work on DSP effects in foobar2000.
Found an amusing bug when tinkering the pitch which caused sliders to completely break. Found that (was multiplying and dividing values wrong), so thats fixed. Now left to implement playback rate shift. Was pondering integrating PaulStretch for long tempo ratios, due to SoundTouch having artifacts at medium/long ratios of tempo stretching. Haven’t really messed around with librubberbands much.
Another day, spending more time fleshing out the controls. Trying to work out if hooking mousedown/up messages would work, so that if sliders are selected, changes are only applied *when* a button is released, so allowing smooth changes (which removes the need for rewriting buffering). Will have to look up MFC/ATL things for that. From there the roadmap is to get all the other DSPs working like this, and from there, who knows, I am pretty content then. Probably having more accurate reverb simulation ala EAX and more effects.
And yes, Dream Fiend’s song is nice, I recommend getting it and getting a FLAC copy from his bandcamp page.