One of the things I wanted for a while is a small libretro core loader, so I can debug cores, since my personal goal this year is to be productive again somewhat in emulation, since I admit I did enjoy that. Over the course of two weeks I have started to work on it again, since its based on some old emulator code I was working on. Eventually I got the loader to the stage until it manages to properly boot something:
The loader is written in MSVC2017 and is intended for Windows 8 and up. It uses a OpenGL 3.3 forward compatible core context (yet to be tested) as well as a generic OpenGL 2.0 context with extension usage. I worked on it this week however to the point I got something salvagable:
Needs work on audio, mainly with dynamic rate control and working on buffer underruns.
There is a couple of things needed to be added yet before it is remotely usable:
- Core variables/configuration
- Input with proper rebindable keys.
- Dynamic audio rate control
- Savestates/save files
- Proper OpenGL core support
User desirable features like pixel shaders, rewind and video recording will not be supported. Any public versions, if at all, will have DRM on them.