Ended buying a real fidget cube.
Nice to see that Antsy Labs now sells via a global distributor. The difference in cubes compared to my knockoff was obvious:
- The switch is recessed deeper and has a rather nice satisfying click.
- The ball bearing can be clicked in
- The rollers are raised for more surface area
- The circle wheel works properly and smooth
- The joystick is more like a 3DS circlepad instead of a loose joystick
- The 5 buttons on the bottom side each can be pushed differently instead of one way.
- Build quality is greatly improved.
- The real cube comes in a nice case.
For people wanting a video review, “Fidget Central” did a nice unpacking video of the real deal:
And here is a video (done by “The Coffee Apple”) of the brand of knockoff I also bought, called the “Gidget Widget”. Avoid at all costs. Heh.: