In continuing the series, here’s what I seen and done so far.
- Finished my documentation of the Cemu Patreon DRM system in its current form. This was done in the hope of showing weaknesses and thus showing potential improvements that can be made in future. However, it seemed none of the advice was taken, so I took the next logical step and reversed engineered the serial number scheme, while doing no modifications of the executable at all. This culminated in a keyfile generator+loader which works on past and present versions of Cemu. The results of the research are on my Github as well as documented in a blog post here.
- Finalized my Odroid+Android development setup. The Odroid XU4 looks nice in its case, I find it quite cute.
- AVs are proven to be snakeoil. I knew this for ages from false positives with what I program, glad that its now been made public by other people that AVs can be in most cases pointless.
- Dirt 4 is coming out. Looks rather nice, cannot wait. Absolutely loved Dirt 2, though the GFWL DRM was a pain, so a xlive.dll proxy took care of that, such as for Bulletstorm too. Questioning whether to get Bulletstorm’s remaster too.
Starting to get very annoyed with people who don’t start thinking critically for themselves, to try to work things out for themselves instead of just blindly having faith in something. Same goes for programming, don’t like something? Do it your own way. Nothing’s stopping you, nothing is too hard, skills can be learnt, etc.
I swear, each day, reddit is becoming less and less appealing as a discussion medium. At least with 4chan you know where people stand.
Just wondering whether this is potentially something or will it be another thing I have to add in myself in a unofficial patch because:
- byuu is too fucking incompetant to have a single inkling of compression (doesn’t know math)
- byuu is too fucking stubborn to accept patches that don’t fit his code standards.
- byuu refuses to accept leeway on his formats (most egregious since he cannot handle anyone doing any improvements to his formats, no matter who the person is)
- byuu refuses to use any outside libraries and refuses to acknowledge anything thats not made by him (public domain mp3/vorbis/flac decoders exist, and WavPack has a BSD licensed decoder)
- byuu always makes false statements and thus he is too problematic to work with as a person (as shown by him claiming I false flagged him on Stormfront.)
For another list of byuu’s flaws visit here.
To be quite honest, that list I linked seems pretty consistent with my experiences so I feel somewhat vindicated.
I have no hesitation if this falls through to just maintain a patch myself for people to use as the case may be.
It seems though this to be case, since the Snes9x people are reluctant to step away with byuu on the format. Maybe I should hack bzsnes-libretro to support such a format.
Reddit in a nutshell:
Ungrateful people, always telling you how to do things, how you should code, if you should report GPL violations to people, fuck that. And why should I even care about reddit as a community? Its clear the vast majority can be just as toxic as I, and I can be just as toxic in cases.
If people don’t like how I operate, they can fuck a bear trap, sincerely. Hopefully they can get cut on it. And no, I will not stop this blog. It is a diary, and I have every right to write how I like here. Sure, people might not appreciate it but who cares, its not their place to tell me how to do things.
Not malicious narcissism, just out of boredom. I document things how I see them, not how others think I should see them, thats how I’ve always operated. Again, don’t like it? Standard disclaimer applies.
Because I have no intentions of being anyone’s friend. It is clear that in the vast majority of cases, GPL violations are done by people that truly don’t give a fuck. Just look at the Android store. And again, thats not how I operate. I have no obligation to help anyone, only you people are saying that.
This was something a long time coming.
I have had my run ins with people in the past, which generally lead to me being disliked and downright despised by people. I admit it has been my fault and figured this would be a good way to make amends.
It is a simple host file to forcibly remove oneself from those communities in which I had been downright problematic. I previously tried Blue Coat System’s K9 web filter to filter any websites deemed troublesome by me but that lead to problems with interfering with any software that opened internet radio streams. Which was inexcusable.
So I made a simple host file which blocks up to 100 proxy avoidance sites, so I don’t get the temptation of visiting those troublesome communities. The list of proxy sites is up on my webpage, since I figured it might be useful to others who feel the need to moderate for their own well being or other reasons. I’ll update the list as time goes by, as needed. A member of the #retroarch IRC community shown me this particular list, which I am grateful for and most likely add things from there to my list too, since it has some gems to block like advertising, shock sites, and downright malware/spyware sources.
Hopefully this goes some way to helping reduce drama as well as for my own sanity, so I can be productive again if I want to be.
One of the things that have been annoying me to great ends is the entire “works for me” line people constantly trumpet.
This way of thinking is basically summed to: there is no problems with *something* since its fine for me.
This can be applied to a whole bucket-load of things such as:
- Computer/video games
- Relationships with people
- Anything arbitrary under the sun.
There was a apt analogy to this to summarize how fundamentally wrong such a argument in conversation really is: “There is no world hunger because I have a sandwich”.
This is a logical fallacy because people can have problems with others while they get along with the same people fine. Likewise, people can have problems with computer software, while others may not for the exact same software for a multitude of reasons. And it insanely bothers me to no end that people keep trumpeting this “works for me” logic to no end. Just because something “works for you” doesn’t mean it works for others. Same with someone liking a certain group of individuals, and others not, and thus playing into the fallacy of if they like that person and you don’t, you are wrong. Its bad enough on various online forums this logic is trumpeted to no end, and then dealing on IRC with extremely similar or the exact same logic.
- Spent 5 hours setting up a TV tuner dongle, and messed with drivers constantly to no end to try to get Windows 10 to accept the drivers because they are constantly reverted to broken defaults by Windows. And to add insult to injury its still broken with host software constantly b0rking up.
- Had debugging tools break thanks to Microsoft’s wisdom.
- Had to deal with many architectural problems with PE formats and things thanks again to Microsoft’s OS.
And then people say Windows 10 Anniversary Edition “works for me” and then claim its entirely your fault something is broken on your end. Its completely insipid to make such a insanely stupid remark. Its entirely stupid to dismiss problems under the guise of “works for me”. Which is the entire point of this bloody post.
Same goes for dealing with people. I have numerous enemies and constantly making more. And people say those people are just fine and that I have a problem only. Which completely dismisses things and doesn’t look at the big picture, because they are too bloody scared to look outside their safe space and glass house.
I wish I never had to bloody make this bloody post and I rather do other things instead, but no, it had to be done, because human stupidity never ceases.
Figured I now set up a small donation page. That way if they want to chip a few bitcoins my way, they can. Hopefully this doesn’t incur wrath, though I bet it will since people are easily offended.
Over the years I have been noticing things. A lot of things I don’t like.
In-app purchases for a emulator that was GPL to begin with and the “author” does not redist source code. And to add insult to injury, add in-app purchases.
Fuck me. Why the fuck do people get away with shit? We know the FSF are incompetant wankers who only look out for their own self interests (as proven by the Retron5/libretro case). And then its bad enough that the uneducated people on reddit buy emulators because they feel like supporting developers. Oh please…………..Its pretty easy to be passionate by WiiU emulation when you are paid to do so and most likely using stolen Wiiu Cafe SDKs. And its bad enough that people fall for shit like payware emulators.
Oh fuck me senseless sideways >_>